How to prevent corona virus?
How to prevent corona virus? A big question in everyone’s mind around the globe at the moment.
Know how it spreads
• There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
• The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
• The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
» Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
» Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes
» These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or
possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
» COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
Now, how to prevent corona virus and protect yourself?
Clean your hands often
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after
you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at
least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until
they feel dry.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
• Limit contact with others as much as possible.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Put distance between yourself and other people.
» Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
» This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting
very sick. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/peopleat-higher-risk.html
You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
• Everyone should wear a mask in public settings and when around people not
living in their household, especially when social distancing
is difficult to maintain.
» Masks should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has
trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove
the mask without assistance.
• The mask is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
• Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
• Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The mask is not a
substitute for social distancing.
Cover coughs and sneezes
• Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or
use the inside of your elbow.
• Throw used tissues in the trash.
• Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If
soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that
contains at least 60% alcohol.
Clean and disinfect
• Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables,
doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets,
faucets, and sinks. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/
• If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior
• Then, use a household disinfectant.
(*This article on how to prevent yourself from corona virus is from the guidelines of WHO*)
For more updates: https://www.trendinginnepal.com